There is one common thing between grains and minerals– it’s Saskatchewan. The large growers of Canadian grains and the world’s largest supplier of uranium and potash are similarly situated in Saskatchewan. The province is also rich in oil and natural gas production, which forms part of the economic energizers in the locality. With the sustained economic growth, the province is requiring more people to work in various industries.

Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program  (SPNP) expedites the process of immigration and visa approval because the intending immigrants in essence are like applying directly to the government, which makes the nominations of those who are eligible to travel to Canada under SPNP.

If you are thinking of working in Saskatchewan, don’t waste your time with make-a-guess moves because this can cause you more problems. Hire an efficient immigration lawyer who can meet your needs. VisaPlace Legal, a Toronto-based immigration law firm, can assist you in processing your immigration and visa application.Under the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you may qualify under one of eight streams:

Skilled Workers

  • Must have a permanent, full-time SK job offer as a skilled worker/professional/managerial position; or
  • Must have a permanent full time SK job offer as a worker who has already worked in SK for at least 6 months on a temporary work permit.

Long Haul Truck Drivers

  • Have a temporary job offer from a SK trucking firm;
  • Obtain a Canadian work permit;
  • Have a valid trucking license equivalent to a SK Class 1A driver’s license;
  • Have at least two years of trucking experience;
  • Be able to travel to the U.S.; and
  • Have reasonable English languages skills.

Health Professionals

  • Must be working in SK on a valid work permit; and
  • Must have an offer of full-time permanent employment.


  • Master’s and PhD Graduate
  • Have graduated from a Master’s or PhD program of at least one academic year of full time study from the University of Saskatchewan or the University of Regina;
  • Apply w/in 2 years of the date on which the degree was granted; and
  • Intend to live in SK and demonstrate the ability to settle and work in SK.
  • Post-Graduation Work Permit 
  • Have graduated from a program of at least one academic of full-time study in Canada and received a certificate/diploma;
  • Have worked for a SK employer for a minimum of six months;
  • Have applied for and received a post-graduation work permit from CIC; and
  • Have a current permanent full-time job offer from the employer.


  • Must have a net worth of $500,000;
  • supply a signed offer to purchase a SK farming operation, or land for a new farm operation;
  • visit SK w/in the two years prior to making a signed offer to purchase; and
  • demonstrate their knowledge in farm operations.


  • Have a net worth of at least CDN $300,000;
  • Make a minimum personal net worth of CDN $150,000 into a new or existing business in SK;
  • Have 3 to 5 years of proven experience in managing a business;
  • Have significant funds for establishing a new business in SK;
  • Plan to own at least 33.3% of the proposed business or invest CDN $1 million in business;
  • Provide a full disclosure of business assets and debts; and
  • Make a good faith deposit of CDN $75,000.

Science and Technology

  • Own a patent and intend to commercialize it through an active investment in SK;
  • Own an innovative IT idea and intend to commercialize it through an active investment in SK; or
  • Intent do actively invest in a partnership with an existing SK science and technology-based firm.

Large Scale Investors

  • Make an investment of CDN $10 million or more.

Hospitality Sector Project

  • hold a valid work permit in food/beverage server, food counter attendant/kitchen helper or housekeeping/cleaning staff;
  • have been employed by a SK employer in one of those positions for at least 6 months;
  • have completed at least Grade 12 education; and
  • have sufficient English language ability to work in SK.

Family Members

  • Must have a family member in SK who is a Canadian citizen or PR and has been residing in SK for at least one year;
  • Family members include parents, sisters/brothers, daughters/sons, aunts/uncles, nieces/nephews, grandparents, first cousins, step-family members of in-laws;
  • Must have a signed affidavit of support from one or more family members;
  • Must be between the ages of 18-49;
  • Must have completed at least one year of post-secondary education, training, or apprenticeship and have received a diploma, certificate or degree;
  • Must have at least one year of work experience in their field of education;
  • Must have sufficient language capability to be employable in SK; and
  • Have a full-time permanent job offer from an employer in SK or intend to find work in SK.